Re: [O] :session question

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] :session question
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 06:43:15 -0600

>> "org-R" is the name of the session. The code blocks illustrate that the
>> value of x (set in the first code block) is preserved and can be used
>> in the second (and subsequent) code blocks.
>>
>> Nick
>>

> Okay, so the :session argument must not be repeated?

No one has said or implied that.

> i.e. doesn't look like a session, resp. not a named session

The example below is from my previous email in which I demonstrated how
to add a particular named session to the default header arguments list.
Explicitly making that particular session global.  As a side note, if
one wants to set these R defaults for a single file the following syntax
at the top of the file will suffice.

    # -*- org-babel-default-header-args:R: ((:session . "foo")) -*-

> Once a named session "org-R" is started all non-sessioned source goes
> there?  Looks like a broken namespace.

Of course not.  Trivial local experimentation could show that is not the
case.  Please actually try to run things locally before assuming that
there are non-sensical bugs and posting questions to the mailing list.

I don't think this line makes sense.  If you can spend 10 more minutes
writing an email to save the average reader one minute, please do so, as
on average many more than 10 people will read every post you send to
this list.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte