[O] 2 columns web site

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] 2 columns web site
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:22:12 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to export a simple two columns web site, with a sidebar
shared by every page, and here is what I got.

The main file:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
#+TITLE: Testing two column layout
#+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" />

#+INCLUDE: "sidebar.org"

* body
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: mainbody
  :END:

This is the body

It could be very long

But it's not
#+END_SRC

The sidebar:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* sidebar
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: sidebar
  :END:

- with
- some
- items
#+END_SRC

The CSS stylesheet:

#+BEGIN_SRC css
#outline-container-mainbody {
    margin-left:  200px;
    background-color: #FFCCCC;
}
#outline-container-sidebar {
    float: left;
    width: 200px;
    background-color: #FFFFCC;
}
#postamble {
    clear: both;
}
h2 {
    display: none;
}
#+END_SRC

I'm not very happy with the way I avoid displaying the headlines for
"body" and "sidebar" using CSS, and I was wondering if there was a
better way to do it.

Maybe a better question could be: if I want to introduce a "div"
element, is the canonical way to use a '*' with some property ?

Thanks,

Alan