Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:07:35 -0500

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 25.03.2013 14:49, schrieb John Hendy:
>
>> $ git clone http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git
>> Cloning into 'worg'...
>> fatal: http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack
>> not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?
>

> It looks like thios for of HTTP access has been switched off in preference
> to cgit.
>

>> $ git update-server-info http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git
>> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>

> This is something that should be done on the server.  It generates some
> files with info that can otherwise be obtained via the Git protocol.
>

>> P.S. Ideally, I'd like to clone with ssh/push access via http as well.
>> I'd love the http alternative to (if that's possible):

Good to know. So the definitive answer is, "No."

> You can't have authenticated push access via HTTP using SSH keys.  You could
> maybew use SSH tunneling via HTTP.

Eh. Not that critical. I'll just have to not be at work to push or
pull. I imagine that the majority of Worg pullers are wanting to push
as well, so there probably isn't a huge motivation to have http
enabled for pull if you can only push with git.

Thanks!
John