Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org version of the Org manual
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 21:17:02 +0100

Hello,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 22.03.2013 19:17, schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
>>> You might want to use the (function (lambda ...)) form.
>>
>> Why? (function (lambda ...)) is equivalent to (lambda ...). In fact,
>> `lambda' uses `function' as a subroutine.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Anonymous-Functions.html
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1852844/emacs-lisp-difference-between-function-lambda-and-lambda
>
> With Emacs 24.3 and eager macro expoansion the need to do this has
> diminished, but for the benefit of older Emacsen we should probably
> continue the practise.

According to the link you pasted:

  The lambda form has one other effect: it tells the Emacs evaluator and
  byte-compiler that its argument is a function, by using function as
  a subroutine (see below).

I don't think this is a recent addition (recent as in "since Emacs
24.1").

>> So, any objection (or further comment) for that change?
>
> Please go ahead.

Done. Could you commit the other part of your patch?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou