[O] `org-export-define-backend' and its friends are now defuns (was: Bui

From: Florian Beck
Subject: [O] `org-export-define-backend' and its friends are now defuns (was: Build fail with emacs 24.3.1)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:03:52 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, `org-export-define-backend' and its friends are
> now defuns, since there is no good reason for them to be macros.

This broke my setup and I had to dig (git log -p) to figure out what to
do (basically quote everything)

Instead of

  (org-export-define-derived-backend my-latex latex
     :translate-alist ((template . my-latex-template-fun)))

write

  (org-export-define-derived-backend 'my-latex 'latex
     :translate-alist '((template . my-latex-template-fun)))

[There are now double quotes in the ascii backend, which I guess are not
needed.]

Obvious, when you think about it, but I'm a bit dense when the
byte-compiler tells me that my-latex-template-fun is a malformed function.

A little more prominent warning would have been much appreciated.

--
Florian Beck