Re: [O] saving state of buffer

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: [O] saving state of buffer
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:09:57 +0100

On 03/20/2013 06:00 PM, 42 147 wrote:
Apologies on behalf of my inferior cognitive faculty, but I do not see a
solution to my problem in those options (perhaps merely a means to it).

Between OVERVIEW, CONTENT, SHOWALL, SHOWEVERYTHING, which == "allow me to
save and reopen the buffer in its current configuration."

 From what I can gather from limited reading comprehension, these are still
general settings, i.e., ALL headlines will be opened; ALL drawers will be
opened; ALL text will be exposed.

What I want is to just have those things exposed that I exposed in my
particular session.

(require 'saveplace)
(setq-default save-place t)

works for me. It just opens the place where I had the point, nothing more, but that's what I need most.