Re: [O] A mix of habits and effort estimates?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] A mix of habits and effort estimates?
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:46:57 +0100

Dnia 2013-03-17, o godz. 10:51:09
Daimrod <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi list,
>
> Hi Marcin,
>
> > say that I'd like to learn a new language or something.  I'd like to
> > devote, say, 180 minutes to it each week.  Does anyone have an idea
> > how to achieve something like that in Org-mode:
> >
> > * I create a task (say, "Learn Italian")
> > * I clock in/out when I start/stop doing this
> > * I have a few other tasks like that
> > * and somehow, org-magically, I can view a weekly report summarizing
> >   whether I spent too much or too little time on different projects.
> >
> > Is such a thing possible in Org-mode?  I suspect that it might be
> > doable, maybe with effort estimates and/or column view (which I
> > don't use, but I can as well start using it), but it might also
> > require some elisp hacking.  Does anyone have a setup for something
> > like this?
>
> Not exactly what you're looking for, but, there is org-drill[1] a
> « flashcards and spaced repetition » system that will "optimize" when
> to review items.
>
> [1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-drill.html

Thanks.  My example was not very good - indeed, to learn Italian, your
way would be better (and I say it as a long-time SuperMemo user, now
waiting for some spare time to try out org-drill).  But for other things
(not necessarily connected with learning), I'd like just to (i)
assign /at least/ some time a week to them and (ii) limit this time so
that I don't spend /too much/ time on it.

But thanks anyway!

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University