Re: [O] A mix of habits and effort estimates?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] A mix of habits and effort estimates?
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:43:47 +0100

Dnia 2013-03-16, o godz. 22:59:18
"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Hi Marcin,
>
> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> > Bastien <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> >> Did you check (info "(Org)Tracking your habits") ?
> >
> > As I mentioned (though only in the subject), yes. This is close,
> > but my point is not "I want to do this at least once each three
> > days" or something like this, but rather "I want to spend at least
> > 180 minutes every week on this" - regardless of days. Of course, I
> > could do it with the habits module (and if there's no other
> > solution, I will do it like this), but what I'd like to have is
> > actually a mixture of habits and effort estimates/clocking.
>
> No problem for that.
>
> - For the sake of facility, give a unique tag to your "educational"
> task
>
> - Clock to your task each time you work on it
>
> - Whenever you want to check whether you did work enough or not,
> launch the agenda view for the current week (`v w' in case you say
> the current day by default)
>
> - Ask for the display of the clock report (`C-u R')
>
> - Filter on your educational task

Thanks, that is brilliant!  It is /almost/ what I was looking for.
(One thing that is missing might be fancy coloring, say red for things
I devoted too little time to etc.  I guess this might be actually
implemented using properties and some hooks - I'll try to look into it
some day.)  Now I only need to automate it (which should be easy with
custom agenda views, I guess.)  Thanks!

> Have fun!
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb