Re: [O] org-caldav will cease to work with Google Calendar

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav will cease to work with Google Calendar
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:32:04 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> 'rasmus' writes:
>> For now I'm using fluux, but I haven't managed to get org-CalDAV to
>> sync yet.
>
> What is that? I'm afraid I cannot find it.

Sorry, that's a typo.

     http://fruux.com.

It works with the aCal package which is in the F-Droid archive for
Android software.

>>  I'm also looking to sync bbdb via CardDAV, although I would be
>> willing to switch to org-contacts if a solution emerged here before.
>
> CardDAV shouldn't be very hard to add. There are two reasons however why
> at least I won't work on this in the near future: I don't need it, and
> it's boring.

Fair enough.  A natural place to add it is the ASynK package. . .

>> Baïkal and Radicale are nice, small CalDAV servers.  The latter also
>> provides CardDAV.
>
> I just discovered Radicale. I think it is very nice for people who don't
> want/need a full-blown Workgroup or Cloud solution like SOGo/Owncloud.
> org-caldav does not currently work with it, but this should be fixable.

What I would need would be something I can install as an unprivileged
user on a remote host.  For instance something that could be called
over SSH. . .  I could install/compile Radicale on my remote host, but
I don't know whether I would be able to access it when it's not
running as a 'root' service. . .

–Rasmus

--
Vote for proprietary math!