Re: [O] Syntax of Org Babel ":results" header argument

From: Jay Kerns
Subject: Re: [O] Syntax of Org Babel ":results" header argument
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:47:43 -0400

Greetings,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM, shripad sinari
<address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

I am happy with the current behavior, but
that isn't to say it couldn't possibly be improved or that I
disagree with Sebastien's suggestions.  It did take me quite some
time to figure out what the heck was going on with it all, but
now that I know, I like it a lot.

Few comments:

- :results graphics makes the list even longer, yes?  :-) I'm not
  sure that every language supports it and I don't believe it's
  currently in the manual. And I don't think it directly affects
  what Sebastien is asking about.

- Out of the myriad combinations, I only use a few regularly.

- I hope that a change, if any, would be mindful of
  brevity. Particularly with inline src blocks, it is much
  shorter to write

  : SRC_foo[:results value scalar raw append]{blah}

  than it is to write

  : SRC_foo[:results_collect value :results_type scalar
:results_handling append :results_wrapper raw]{blah}

  (or however it would be decided to handle that).

--
Jay