Re: [O] Beginner footnotes question

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Beginner footnotes question
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:55:08 +0800

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry, I'm stumbling badly here. I now realize the
> org-footnote-auto-label needs to be set to avoid the default (t)
> behavior of doing numbered footnotes ( [fn:1] ) after C-c C-x f
> auto-inserts. Good. But where do the in-buffer settings go? I assume
> they go in the .org file you're currently working in? At the top
> maybe?

That's right, you can have a single #+STARTUP: declaration at the top of
the file, and nearly everything footnote related can go in there. To
wit:

 To influence footnote settings, use the following keywords.  The
     corresponding variables are 'org-footnote-define-inline',
     'org-footnote-auto-label', and 'org-footnote-auto-adjust'.
          fninline    define footnotes inline
          fnnoinline  define footnotes in separate section
          fnlocal     define footnotes near first reference, but not inline
          fnprompt    prompt for footnote labels
          fnauto      create '[fn:1]'-like labels automatically (default)
          fnconfirm   offer automatic label for editing or confirmation
          fnplain     create '[1]'-like labels automatically
          fnadjust    automatically renumber and sort footnotes
          nofnadjust  do not renumber and sort automatically

Just put all your options on one line, separated by spaces.