Re: [O] ox-html.el removal

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html.el removal
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:24:12 +0100

Am 10.03.2013 19:55, schrieb Detlef Steuer:

I am willing to go as far is humanly possible for me to have my
displeasure registered.

Dear Jambunathan,

your displeasure is very well registered by the hundreds or even
thousands of readers of this list.

It is very sad to see an obviously very gifted and energetic programmer
going in "lonely fighter mode" without obvious reasons.

But: The papers the FSF asked you to sign were constructed for exactly
this case I assume.
No developer may ever have the rights to destroy afterwards what nice
piece of work he once gave to the community!

I must admit the FSF is to praise. It always seemed  a bit restrictive
to me to demand that time consuming process of sending the paperworks
all over the world. Now I understand.

You authored valuable parts of orgmode, yes. And you promised
and decided, through signing the FSF papers, to never take it away
again.

Now you changed your mind. Humans, even programmers, change
their mind. Nevertheless there is your promise on paper, signed by you.
It is impossible for you to take anything away now and, morally,
that's the right thing, too. Otherwise some contributors could easily
destroy communities and their spirit at will whenever their
mind would change.

So, thanks for your great contributions! No kidding here.

Find some peace of mind.

Best regards
Detlef

Hi Detlef,

thanks for your kind words.

Just a remark to copyright assignment though, as I always thought it being
wrong:
it doesn't interfere here.

Once code is published under GPL, don't see a way to revoke the license.
GPL'ed code is all what's needed for distribution.

Best,

Andreas