Re: [O] [New Exporter] Parameterized wrapper elements

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [New Exporter] Parameterized wrapper elements
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 08:03:25 +0530

Rick Frankel <address@hidden> writes:

> (cc'ing list)
>
> Nicolas-
>
> The patch Jambunathan sent didn't really make much sense to me,

That's fine.  I didn't understand what you are saying then.

Show me examples of how HTML5 code or deck code looks like.  Show me
your backend code (specifics of what function to look and what it does).

I don't understand HTML so you need to be patient.

Since I took sometime to type out whatever I did, you have every reason
to believe I will do something which will help with your endeavors (not
necessarily the way you see it currently)

> as it didn't provide any added functionality over simply subclassing
> (deriving) from the current html exporter.
>
> Anyway, attached is a patch which parameterizes the html exporter in a
> way which is useful (for me :) in deriving new backends. It also make
> the exporter more capable of generating HTML5 compatible output
> instead of just XHTML.

I would like to see how these changes are consumed by your backend.
Show me the backend code.

As a generic remark -

Functional composition is more work but provides more flexibility than
what a defcustom can provide.  defcustoms are context agnostic, so I
will rather avoid it.

I have some ideas on how preamble and postamble should be represented in
parse tree.  But it is something that I have to work with Nicolas.

I can assure you things will proceed slowly, but I can make promise
progress from my end.

> If you agree with it, i would be happy to apply it (or you can :).

Work with me, on or off the list preferably off-the-list.  What you do
is your call.