Re: [O] Quotes not being converted correctly for LaTeX export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Quotes not being converted correctly for LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 22:28:17 +0100

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> There is still something wrong here: if french users use
> (setq org-export-smart-quotes-alist t) and do not use
> \usepackage[french]{babel}, the quotes will not be very
> smart, they will disappear.
>
> I suggest having an option for the babel package: when
> a string (equal org-latex-use-package-babel "french"), it
> will trigger the insertion of \usepackage[french]{babel}
> in the header.  When an alist, it will trigger the insertion
> of \usepackage... depending on the current language.
>
> I think {babel} is common enough to deserve its own option,
> but maybe I'm overrating its use.
>
> Nicolas, what do you think?

Latex back-end already takes care of setting the correct Babel language
according to LANGUAGE keyword.

The only problem is when user doesn't load Babel at all, but still wants
to use smart quotes. Is it meaningful? Even if it is, I suspect it is
quite rare. So, dropping a note in `org-export-with-smart-quotes'
docstring would be enough.

As you probably know, I'm not a big fan of package autoloading.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou