Re: [O] org-agenda-write taking very long (probably because of babel)

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-write taking very long (probably because of babel)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:11:19 +0100

Hi Achim!

Sorry, I was away from Org a couple of days.

* Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Voit writes:
>> I guess this relates to ...
>>
>>   org-babel-exp processing... [25 times]
>>
>> ... which also pops up some babel result graphics which did not
>> happen before.
>>
>> Was there a change in the default settings or is this a bug?
>
> Yes there was, sorry for that.  I missed something that was going on in
> an otherwise inconspicously named function and that unintentionally
> changed the conditions for when source blocks are eligible for
> evaluation.  Since your setup was affected, may I ask you to apply this
> patch after the next update (which should include 302d3780ec) and report
> if this fixes the issue you had?

I updated to 50226db65d5cb176f3f5e027d668ef5de4937bde and tried to
apply your patch. Either because I never applied patch files before
(or I don't remember) or the code changed in between, I could not
apply it without getting errors.

So I tried to do the patch manually and I hope, I did not break
something. You can find the ob-core.el I generated on [1].

Org mode compiled and Emacs started without any error message.

When I exported my agenda, I got:
org-babel-exp processing... [24 times]
org-babel-execute-src-block: Symbol's function definition is void: cache-p

The pop-up window with generated bar charts did not appear this
time. But some test.png from one gnuplot (of three) was
re-generated.

HTH

Please reply if I can check something else for you.

  1. https://gist.github.com/novoid/6bace66e0e8c6a4d2a7f
--
Karl Voit