Re: [O] Regarding commmit: org.texi (History and Acknowledgments): Remov

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Regarding commmit: org.texi (History and Acknowledgments): Remove Jambunathan from my own acknowledgments
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:08:50 -1000

Aloha Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

>> ps: If the maintainer is removing acknowledgements he should also remove
>> the files - both from regular org and contrib.
>
> What this means is that if the file of which I am one of the author or
> one of the principal author (if moved to GNU ELPA and re-distributed
> with regular Org distribution), I will vehemently argue that my efforts
> are acknowledged in the Org manual.

It looks like Bastien has removed you from his *personal*
acknowledgments. Since these are meant to express his sentiments, this
is understandable given the acrimonious exchanges between you two.

I agree that your good work should be acknowledged in the manual. In the
List of Contributions, I find this line:

   * Jambunathan K contributed the ODT exporter.

Perhaps this is the place to flesh out your contributions? The line
seems somewhat dated to me.

Peace,
Tom

--