Re: [O] preview latex fragment with latex_header

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] preview latex fragment with latex_header
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 23:47:19 +0100

Hello,

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a beamer presentation in org-mode that contains a line like
> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \subtitle{foo}
>
> This prevents me from using 'org-preview-latex-fragment' as that one --
> naturally, as it uses the article class -- fails with
> 'Failed to create dvi file from /tmp/orgtex49760oq.tex'
> due to
>
> ,----
> | ERROR: Undefined control sequence.
> |
> | --- TeX said ---
> | l.38 \subtitle
> `----
>
> What's the remedy here?

Interesting. I put back use of #+latex_header keywords for latex
snippets recently, but that is a double-edged sword. Overall, I'm not
sure which is the right behaviour here. Is there one, anyway?

To solve your problem, you can include your problematic header in a new
latex class instead of relying on latex_header. Another solution is to
put that latex_header line in an include file, or to generate it as
a macro.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou