Re: [O] [new exporter] latex-date-timestamp-format not adhering #+LANGUA

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] latex-date-timestamp-format not adhering #+LANGUAGE
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:52:57 +0100

Andreas Leha writes:
> And while I still think, that setting the #+LANGUAGE in org should
> ideally be reflected in the export -- also for the date formatting -- I
> found a solution to my problem that I use now: It does not use orgmode's
> date and date-formatting facilities, but moves the work to LaTeX.  Thus, the
> bad side is that it is backend specific.

Well, you could bounce this via Babel to the shell, set LANG and run the
date command with the appropriate format string and pull it back into
org, perhaps as a macro.  That makes it not play well with pure Windows
where there is no locale setting per command and no date command (unless
you install Cygwin), but it isn't langage specific anymore.

Regards,
Achim.