Re: [O] [new exporter] ignoring a headline on export to PDF via latex

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] ignoring a headline on export to PDF via latex
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:38:03 +0100

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 02:43:30PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used to use the following to ignore a headline when exporting to PDF:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defun my-e-latex-headline (headline contents info)
>   (if (member "ignoreheading" (org-element-property :tags headline)) contents
>     (org-latex-headline headline contents info)))
> (add-to-list 'org-latex-translate-alist '(headline . my-e-latex-headline))
> #+end_src
>
> With the new exporter, this no longer works.

Try using your function with a filter.  This filter might work:
org-export-filter-headline-functions.  Of course it goes without saying
you will have to update your function.

A very simple test tells me this is probably going to be backend
specific.  I have had this query about filters for a while now, how to
write filters that are backend agnostic.  I think I'll start a new
thread once I have formulated my question more clearly.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu