Re: [O] Predictive for Latex in org-mode

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Predictive for Latex in org-mode
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:51:26 +0100

Hi Bastien and Sanjib,

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 10:44:55AM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Sanjib,
>
> Sanjib Sikder <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have installed "Predictive" package. It is working fine for normal
> > English words while working in org-mode. When I am writing few latex
> > codes in org-mode, it is not suggesting latex keywords it seems. I
> > have added the following in .emacs.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the problem: isn't the purpose of the
> predictive package to suggest keywords depending on the context?
> If so, why is it a problem that predictive suggests LaTeX keywords?
> Do you mean: "once I write some LaTeX keywords in an org-mode buffer,
> it only suggests LaTeX keywords (and no english words) for the rest
> of the session?"

I think what he means is that predictive _does not_ suggest LaTeX
keywords inside an org-mode buffer.  I do not know how predictive works,
but if it is dependent on the major mode to offer suggestions, then it
will fail suggesting LaTeX keywords in Org mode.  This particular
feature of Org mode, allowing LaTeX commands natively is somewhat of a
quirk.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu