Re: [O] Add agenda entries into diary to export weelky calendar

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] Add agenda entries into diary to export weelky calendar
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:26:21 +0100

Hi Eric,
thanks for the tip. I tried this already. Its printing but has some drawbacks. E.g. I use high resolution monitors in vertical (pivot) mode and a tiling window manager. calfw scales to the current buffer size and this is unfortunately not really compatible with printing. In summary this solution might have to many ways to go wrong.

However, I noticed a much more interesting way. calfw buffer look almost like org-tables. And voila saving the buffer as org-file and a minimum of modifications allows me to export the calendar with both the html and pdf exporter. I just try to tell org-mode/latex/html to keep the height of the rows constant and independent of the content of the cell. Guess if I get this right, everything could be done in a little piece of elisp.
Alternatively, Sakurai san may like to create an official cfw:export-view-to-org could be part of calfw-org. This would also allow people to archive calendar views in org-mode files.

Lets see how this is going.

Thanks again

Torsten

On 27 February 2013 18:35, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I read about calfw and org2hpda. However, I did not found a way to generate
> a printable version of calfw (and I had trouble to set it up). For org2hpda
> I still struggle with the installation and it seems to be broken at the
> moment. Not sure.

You could print the calendar produced by calfw by

C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces RET

from the *cfw-calendar* buffer.  This command (because of the C-u) will
prompt for a file to place the postscript into.  You can print without
faces (i.e. no colour) with ps-print-buffer.  You can then convert PS to
PDF if so desired.

You may wish to set ps-print-landscape to t.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3f-1285-g6cc600