Re: [O] org-caldav can't find org-prepare-agenda-buffers

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav can't find org-prepare-agenda-buffers
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:18:54 +0100

Bastien writes:
> Hi Julien,
>
> Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> As of today, org-cadav-syn fails with
>>
>> org-export-icalendar: Symbol's function definition is void:
>> org-prepare-agenda-buffers
>>
>> Actually, I can't find this function but org-agenda-prepare-buffers
>> exist. Are there two different functions or is there a confusion
>> somewhere ?
>
> The function has been renamed a while ago.
>
> `org-agenda-prepare-buffers' is the correct name.

org-caldav does not call this function. It however requires
org-icalendar, and that was renamed to ox-icalendar in org git. So I
guess it pulls org-icalendar from the Org that is included with Emacs,
which calls the obsoleted function.

I don't follow org-development very closely. I realize there's a new
exporter, but renaming the exporters in this way is asking for
trouble. In this case, we've actually been lucky that an error like the
above is thrown; much more subtle things can happen when new and old Org
functions interact.

-David