[O] [HTML] subtree export reverted back to absolute H level behavior

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] [HTML] subtree export reverted back to absolute H level behavior
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:49:24 -0700

The old exporter had a bug where exporting a subtree would start H
levels at the level in the file.

Thus, the top level being exported could be H8 if it were indented to
that level.  Or H38 if it were indented to that level.

IMO better behavior is relative.

===

The new exporter seemed to fix this, but it seems to have gone back to
the old behavior in a recent commit on git master.

It is excellent to make the new emulate the old as much as possible;
this reduces bugs and impact on people.  But does anybody rely on
absolute levels for subtree export?  My guess would be no, but I could
be wrong.

===

Recent commit caused this change in output:

-<h3 id="sec-1">An intriguing and fun question</h3>
+<h7 id="sec-0-0-0-0-1">An intriguing and fun question</h7>

Hope I've not misunderstood something here.  I can't run the
dispatcher directly because I get other issues.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.