[O] [org-contacts] need help for making gnus/message-mode integration op

From: Simon Campese
Subject: [O] [org-contacts] need help for making gnus/message-mode integration optional
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:13:59 +0100

Hello,

I have one quick feature request for org-contacts.el that should be
pretty easy and quick to implement: Could someone please introduce
customizable variables to optionally disable the gnus/message mode
integration?

I don't know a lot of elisp, so instead of copy-pasting my way to a
half-baked solution that would maybe not be accepted upstream, I thought
that asking the experts here is more appropriate.

My reason for this request:
For email address completion in message mode, I use a program that scans
through my whole email database (I use notmuch to manage emails and have
all my mails stored locally). This program is stored in
'notmuch-address-command' and the integration has so far been done by
'notmuch-address'. However, the recent version of org-contacts breaks
this behaviour, i.e. I only get the emails from my org-contacts file
when I try to complete recipients. As I don't want to add all the people
I correspond with electronically to my org-contacts file, this is a huge
annoyance.

Thank you very much,

Simon