[O] [patch] ox-koma-letter

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] [patch] ox-koma-letter
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:25:58 +0100

Hi,

I have been working on extending the KOMA letter support in Org.  The
backend is still rough and I would like to more stuff such as
designing firstfood and firsthead with org elements (e.g. I use a
tabularx for my firstfood with varioues stuff).

I have changed the following objects:

  1. Make keys sane; no reason why open pdf is O rather than o and why
     k is used in place of l (as in the tex exporter).
  2. Added AFTER_CLOSING and AFTER_LETTER keywords for arbitrary code
     after \closing{.} and \end{letter}, respectively.
     a. A weird bug I don't understand is why I cannot have
        #+AFTER_CLOSING{\ps{ps:}}
     b. Would it be better to have a dedicated, say, PS and ENCL rather
        than the generic AFTER_CLOSING?
  3. Added from-bank, invoice and other keywords like that.  Still
     many to go, but some of them would probably need some thought.
     For instance firstfoot should work differently depending on
     whether it is given a NAMEd table or a string.  Any though?

I'm not a good programmer, so if someone could look through it, and
say whether it's OK it'd be happy to work more on in and submit it a
proper patch if deemed worthy.

Also, if someone has thoughts on how to improve the letter experience
that would be interesting to hear.

I'd love to hear an explanation of point a. above.

Further, perhaps we should remove all the silly defaults from the
defcustoms in ox-koma-letter?

–Rasmus

--
. . . Stallman was indeed the tallest possible mountain and by
standing on his shoulders you could see forever. . .