Re: [O] Correct / best way of loading packages in contrib when using org

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Correct / best way of loading packages in contrib when using org compiled from git?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:37:43 +0100

Rainer M Krug writes:
> Well - I could and I guess nothing would change. Why I like my setup at the
> moment is, that I have
> all emacs config, installation and elpa in my .emacs.d directory. Would this
> be the same after
> using "make up2"? Would I have to change paths somewhere?

You can install Org wherever you like if you let your Emacs
configuration find it.  You need to put suitable definitions for lispdir
datadir and infodir into local.mk, the easiest way is probably to just
point prefix at your emacs.d (you must use the absolute path, not the
tilde abbreviation ~/...).  Check the result of these changes with "make
config" before you first install.

Regards,
Achim.