Re: [O] {New exporter] What happened to the export template

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] {New exporter] What happened to the export template
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:15:05 +0100

Hello Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It has been removed. Such a template depends on the back-end used, which
>> was not the case of the previous implementation.
>
> One idea would be to have an equivalent of the now-defunct
> `org-insert-export-options-template' but for each backend.
>
> For example `C-c C-e h t' would insert the default template
> for the HTML export.
>
> Is anyone interested in this?

My personal answer is: yes!

I constantly used it for inserting a title (defaulting to the name of the
file, which is the best default), timestamp, etc.

Regarding Rasmus objections, yes, maybe there are too much defaults inserted,
or not yours. Maybe the template could be customized, but present in the code
base with a common, good default?

If not, anyway, I'll just mimick the old template with a YASnippet.

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- By the way, there is already such a sort of template for Beamer...

--
Sebastien Vauban