Re: [O] [new exporter][latex] does org-preview-latex-fragment use #+late

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter][latex] does org-preview-latex-fragment use #+latex_header ?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:04:00 +0000

Just adding some more information.  It gets curiouser and curiouser...

Myles English writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have just pulled from git and have been migrating to use the new
> exporter.
>
> I have a problem where org-preview-latex-fragment appears not to use a
> style file the latex header.
>
> Starting emacs like this:
>
> emacs -Q -l ~/minimal.el ~/file.org
>
> When I export the whole buffer to pdf it looks right.
>
> When I call org-preview-latex-fragment on the fragment the definitions
> in a.sty are not picked up.  This previously worked when using the
> new exporter before it was merged.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Myles
>

> ---------------------------------- ~/bug.sty --------------
> \newcommand{\mysymbol}{\mathbf v}
>
> ---------------------------------- minimal.el ------------
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/plugins/org-mode/lisp")
> (require 'ox)
>
> ---------------------------------- file.org ---------------
> #+STARTUP: indent
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{~/bug}
>
> * heading
>
> \[ \mysymbol = f \]    -- NO WORK
>
> \[ 0 = f \]            -- WORKS

\[ \dfrac{\partial a}{\partial b} \]  -- The fragment is perfect,
showing it as da/db but the pdf file shows it as dadb instead.

Another strange thing is that if the \[\] is the last thing in the file
apart from some empty lines then org will fold at the end of it i.e. I

Myles