Re: [O] [Bug] Export Coding System

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] Export Coding System
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:29:53 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> No it is not irrelevant, it simply gets set too late in the game: it
>> asks for the new coding system when it is time to save the buffer, while
>> the content of the buffer has been cobbled together while assuming a
>> different coding system.  The only way I know (from browsing the
>> documentation) to override the coding system for a buffer that does not
>> yet have a file association is to set that variable directly,
>> preferrably directly after the buffer is created.
>
> Does the following patch fix the problem?

It fixes the problem when the Org buffer encoding is identical to the
encoding for the LaTeX file.  It doesn't fix the problem when I want to
export the file in a different encoding (for instance by customizing Org
Export Latex Coding System), that would require a second step of
re-setting the buffer-file-coding-system before using it to determine
what to write into the inputenc option.  Other exporters like HTML
probably also have a way (or should have it) to determine the target
coding system independently from the input coding system, so this is not
a LaTeX only exercise.

Regards,
Achim.