Re: [O] orgstruct-mode with custom headline prefix

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] orgstruct-mode with custom headline prefix
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:51:42 +0100

Hi Stephen,

Dr Stephen J Eglen <address@hidden> writes:

> I just wanted to check though whether we need to set outline-regexp;

No, it is not.

> I think this part of `org-cycle' requires outline-regexp to be set,
> but I just wanted to check whether this was a pre-requisite, as it
> then seems that we are setting two similar regexps.

The outline-regexp is useful in outline-mode.

In org-mode, which is derived from outline-mode, you don't want to
change outline-regexp directly, but org-outline-regexp instead.

orgstruct-mode is different: it relies both on the value of
`orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp' (which you need to set) and on
the value of `org-outline-regexp' (which you don't need to set).

HTH,

--
 Bastien