Re: [O] [RFC] Small syntax change for footnote definitions

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Small syntax change for footnote definitions
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:51:19 +0100

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas,
>
> I don’t know how difficult this would be in terms of the code, but would
> it be possible to introduce a new syntax for multiparagraph footnotes?
> Something like:
>
> #+begin_footnote 12
> This is footnote number 12.
>
> etc.
> #+end_footnote
>
> This has the advantage that long footnote definitions could be folded,
> which (AFAIK) they currently cannot.

They cannot be folded, but they can be collected in a specific headline,
which can be folded.

> And it would not have the problem with multiple lists.

Consecutive lists limitation is anecdotal, really. Also, this syntax
would break every footnote definition, unless you mean to add syntax
only for multiparagraph footnotes. But I think we don't have to go that
far.

My proposal doesn't really introduce some new syntax. It merely
normalizes a corner-case.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou