Re: [O] org-bullets extension

From: E Sabof
Subject: Re: [O] org-bullets extension
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:58:29 +0000

In any case, I've updated org-bullets to use compose-region. You can get it from here:

https://github.com/sabof/org-bullets

Evgeni

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM, E Sabof <address@hidden> wrote:
I tend to agree. It might also be better to enable it by default. At the same time I'm not very familiar with org code base, so I'm probably not the best person to do it.

Btw, the current version of org-bullets makes it possible to use a separate face for the bullets. It might make sense to implement that as well.

Evgeni

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
E Sabof <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the current status of the package? Was it accepted? Was it
> superseded?

org-bullets.el is in the contrib/ directory.

> If it wasn't superseded, I might spend some time re-implementing it.

I think it would be nice to adapt Jambunathan's solution for Org's
core: something like a `org-replace-leading-stars' that, when non-nil,
would be used as the char/string for compose-region.  Then users could
turn this on/off using #+STARTUP.

What do you think?

--
 Bastien