Re: [O] [new exporter] Guides on what incompatibilities to watch for?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Guides on what incompatibilities to watch for?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:21:34 +0000

Gunnar Wolf <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not very specific in this mail, but am wondering…
>
> I have some nontrivial documents written in Org-mode. My main use case
> for Org is mostly to author texts, rather than using its time-tracking
> features. I fear that with the new exporter, several of my documents'
> features will no longer work or -worse- be interpretted differently,
> having a negative impact in my output.

Don't worry too much.  I had the same worry because although I do use
the time tracking (GTD) feature of org extensively, the majority of the
time I am using org is for writing.  Although there are some changes you
will need to make to your documents, the number of changes will depend
on the export target(s) and your use of figures and tables, say.  Others
in this thread have already pointed you to the docs that are available.

You don't actually say what the export target(s) you use is/are.  In my
case, most of my export to latex/pdf documents required minimal changes
and only to figure attributes basically.  My beamer slides required more
significant changes but, even here, the impact was much less dramatic
than I had expected and worried about!  And, quite importantly, the
beamer exporter is now more logical, in my opinion.

Don't panic (TM)! ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-1140-g272ca4