[O] how can I insert a new heading after all at this level?

From: David Naumann
Subject: [O] how can I insert a new heading after all at this level?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:53:58 -0500 (EST)

I'm a happy, frequent user of org mode but there's something I can't figure out from the manual.

What I would like to be able to do is insert a new heading at the same
level as current, _following_ all the others.  For example, with the
cursor on the A in this tree:

    * top
->  ** A
    ** B
    ** C
    * next

I would like to insert a last sibling and move to it:

    * top
    ** A
    ** B
    ** C
->  **
    * next

Use case: adding to a very long chronological list.  I have not seen a
quick way to do this using the structure motion/editing commands in
the manual, without scrolling in one way or another.

If you have a hint, please reply to my address; I'm not on this
mailing list.