Re: [O] killing all contents of a headline

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: Re: [O] killing all contents of a headline
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 12:36:40 +0100

On Tue 19-Feb-2013 06:01
42 147 <address@hidden> wrote:

> Title is self-explanatory. Is there a command that lets me place the
> cursor on a headline and delete its contents (i.e., all of its text)?

If you have the subtree collapsed and with your point on the heading,
'org-kill-line' kills the heading plus the content below it. It is
bound to C-k by default I think.

So, a clever combination of 'org-cycle' and 'org-kill-line' could be
combined to form one command to kill a heading and its contents,
regardless of the collapsed state.

hth

marcel
--