[O] [New exporter] Should there be an option to kill/exit the dispatcher

From: Charles
Subject: [O] [New exporter] Should there be an option to kill/exit the dispatcher without using it
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:45:56 -0500

System Windows 7, 64 bit
Emacs 24.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2012-08-28 on mRVIN
Org-mode 7.9.3 (7.9.3e-14-g981c6d @  c:/Org/lisp/)

It appears that there is no simple option in the export dispatcher to either switch to and then kill or simply kill the export dispatcher UI (or buffer) if you do not want to use it after you call it.

I called up the new dispatcher only for a look-see and no more.

After C-c C-e, the point remained in the original buffer. I then wanted to kill/exit the dispatcher without using it.

1.      I attempted to switch to the dispatcher.

a. C-x exported the original buffer to XOXO. (no chance to enter the "b" key)

b. M-x produced "Wrong type argument: character, 134217848." There was no chance to enter "switch buffer" after M-x.

2. Just for fun I entered "q" and it produced "No command associated with key q."

In all three cases the dispatcher remained open but not visible. I was then able to switch to the dispatcher and kill it.

Charlie Millar