Re: [O] BIND org-html-style-include-*

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] BIND org-html-style-include-*
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 22:21:21 +0100

Hi Terry,

address@hidden (T.F. Torrey) writes:

> However, the new HTML exporter includes the MathJax JavaScript every
> time, and I don't see any variable to set to suppress it.

This is not the case anymore since commit 4d7f4d87.

> Recent posts by Bastien suggest that maybe it is supposed to be included
> only if LaTeX is used in the buffer, but I'm not sure he was talking
> about this issue.

I hope I was -- the MathJax config will now be included if your HTML
page contains LaTeX snippets to display.  It will not be included
otherwise.

> With the new exporter on my Org, even the most minimal Org file exported
> to HTML includes MathJax.  My Org version is 7.9.3e-1032-g791a8d.  The
> most recent pulls fail testing (which people must already know).

You are behind a few commits, please update.

> (By the way, though it may be too late to change them now, the variables
> would be better named "org-html-include-style-default" and
> "org-html-include-scripts-default" and possibly
> "org-html-include-scripts-mathjax".  The HTML exporter has many things
> that might be included in the output, and having the variables all
> starting with "org-html-include-" would make them easier for everyone to
> find, understand, and modify.)

I somewhat agree.  But C-h v org-html-include TAB expands and display
all variables here, so maybe not such an issue.  It is not too late to
change the names of the variables, but I'd rather stick to these names
because it lowers the effort when switching from 7.9 to 8.0.

> (Similarly, as someone else wrote, #+HTML_STYLE would be much better
> named #+HTML_HEAD, given that style is just one of the many things this
> directive might put into the head element of the html.)

For this one I agree completely.  I will make this change.

--
 Bastien