Re: [O] ocaml babel no longer works?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] ocaml babel no longer works?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:34:08 -0700

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte writes:
>
>>> The suggestion: instead of appending '"org-babel-ocaml-eoe";;' to the
>>> code, how simply put ';;' (which will make sure everything is flushed)
>>> then detect the toplevel is done by seeing the string '# ' at the
>>> beginning of the line? Would there be an issue with the fact that this
>>> line does not have a newline? If so, an alternative suggestion would be
>>> to use the longer ';; "org-babel-ocaml-eoe";;' which makes sure the
>>> phrase in the input won't interact with the marker.
>>>

>> You can customize the `org-babel-ocaml-eoe-output' and
>> `org-babel-ocaml-eoe-indicator' variables so that they match the above.
>> If this proves generally useful then I'd be happy to admit this change
>> to the core.
>
> I'll have a look at it (as soon as my European grant deadline as
> passed).

Great.

> The one thing I don't know about org-babel-comint-with-output is the
> following: what does it do with the last line if it does not have a
> carriage return? (After running a command, the toplevel outputs '# '
> with no carriage return. Will it be part of the returned string?)

This prompt should not be returned as ob-comint-w/output handles things
like removing echo'd inputs, prompts etc...  However, although I'm still
writing OCaml fairly regularly I removed tuareg during a recent hard
drive switch in favor of the default caml-mode, so I can't test this
directly with an OCaml code block (another reason why I'm excited at the
prospect of someone else's eyes on ob-caml).

>> I hope these pointers are useful.
>
> They definitely are. As ocaml is not only my language of choice but one
> I have the chance of teaching, I'll clearly look into this.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Alan

Cheers,

--