Re: [O] [BUG] (error "Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'")

From: Christopher Schmidt
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] (error "Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:38:42 +0000 (GMT)

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
> What's weird is that I applied the patch, and then did C-M-x with the
> cursor in the function. I did test composing an email, and it still
> did not work.
>
> I restarted Emacs to be really, really sure, and now it works!
>
> So, I don't know what's bad in the above procedure (C-M-x of the
> fucntion), but your patch works, yes.

That is expected.  The function is only executed the very first time you
enable orgstruct\(++\)-mode.

orgstruct-mode is an ugly hack.  So is yasnippet.  There is no fix for
this problem, just a workaround that can introduce other issues in
somewhat rare and obscure corner cases.

I applied the patch.

    7c27e57 org.el: Disable orgstruct-mode when falling back to original command

        Christopher