Re: [O] Invalid read syntax (#) in org-element parse tree

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Invalid read syntax (#) in org-element parse tree
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 21:56:43 +0100

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

[continuation, prior message sent unfinished by accident]

> but with your other hints, I now understand the problem. I wanted to see
> how the parse tree looks like, so I printed it out (I did not know about
> the existance of 'print-circle' then, but it was set to nil). Then I
> tried to experiment with the printed representation, but the #1 syntax
> gave me an error.
>
> When I set 'print-circle' to t, the printed result looks like described
> in the info page, with elements like
>
> [...] :parent #66#)))) #67=(headline [...]

So it was all about the difference between printed representation and
the actual list object, and the special syntax when 'print-circle' is
nil that I could not find in the manual.

Thanks for the tips, I have to read more about circular lists in Emacs
Lisp, ,first time I see them in action.

--
cheers,
Thorsten