Re: [O] Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug

From: Anders Johansson
Subject: Re: [O] Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 22:56:37 +0100

Hi,

2013-02-10 20:31, Nicolas Goaziou skrev:
Hello,

Anders Johansson <address@hidden> writes:

When I'm exporting to icalendar, the priorities of todo items (or
perhaps any items) don't get carried through correctly. It always
falls back to priority 5 (the default).

After doing some edebugging I found that

     (string-match org-priority-regexp hd)   [org-icalendar.el:539]

never seems to match.

This might be because 'hd' is group 4 "True headline" from the
matching done with 'org-complex-heading-regexp' whereas group
3 according to this variable's docstring should hold the "Priority
cookie".

I guess someone who has greater knowledge of the code could see if
this is really the case and fix it.

I can provide more debugging output and examples if needed and if
others can't reproduce this.
iCalendar export back-end has been rewritten. It is accessible from the
git distribution of Org. I didn't check if that bug is still present
though.

Regards,

Oh, that looks completely different. Taking a look at the newest git source, priority is now found like this (ox-icalendar.el)

705 (let ((pri (or (org-element-property :priority entry)
 706                                     org-default-priority)))

and assuming this is consistent with the new framework it should of course work, but I haven't tested yet.

Funny that I found this problem now, using the less than a week old ELPA-package (20130204), when the new export framework was "moved into core" (commit 8dd2bf) just three days ago.

Greetings,
Anders Johansson