Re: [O] how to indent plain lists in ASCII

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] how to indent plain lists in ASCII
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 09:49:11 +0100

Hello,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> The old exporter indented plain lists.
>
> This does not seem to fix it:
>
>       (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-list-functions
>        (lambda (plain-list back-end &rest _rest)
>          (if (eq back-end 'ascii)
>              (replace-regexp-in-string "^" "  " plain-list)
>            plain-list))))))

I don't know exactly what you mean by "indented plain lists", but your
code, or the following, definitely indents items.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-list-functions
             (lambda (plain-list back-end &rest _rest)
               (when (org-export-derived-backend-p back-end 'ascii)
                 (replace-regexp-in-string "^" "  " plain-list))))
#+end_src

> I don't know what a communication channel is in a filter function,
> however.

The same as in transcoding functions. This is all explained in details
within ox.el.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou