Re: [O] Newbie question

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Newbie question
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:12:01 -0500

Ken <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a relative newbie to org-mode. Right now I use it for todo lists, I
> use it in conjunction with the diary, and I use it for
> journaling/note-taking. I am sure I am only using it fo a quarter or
> less of what it can be used for. Anyway, my question is rather simple.
> <CTRL-.> will allow you to insert a date. However, in my journal I use a
> full timestamp. Is there any way using a defined set of keys to insert a
> current TIMESTAMP on an entry (say as in a journal entry)?

This (and many other questions) is answered in the manual: for this one,
see section 8.2, "Creating timestamps". The manual is available online
e.g.

        http://orgmode.org/org.html#Dates-and-Times

but I generally prefer to look up things locally, using emacs's info
system. For example, evaluate the following in emacs:

    (info "(org) Creating timestamps")

Nick