Re: [O] org export Taskjuggler

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org export Taskjuggler
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:13:26 +0100

Hello,

Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If nothing has been started once the new export framework is installed
>> and the early bugs are fixed, I will do the port.
>
> I don't quite understand why we need to "port" anything. The taskjuggler
> exporter is different than the other exporters in that it doesn't really
> export the content of an org file. Instead it just goes through the
> headlines (using the mapping API), takes some to be tasks and reads the
> properties of these headlines to build the taskjuggler file. It pretty
> much ignores any text that is between the headlines (see also the
> commentary in org-taskjuggler.el). In essence it treats the org file as
> a tree of nodes with properties that define the tasks, resources and
> reports.

What it really exports isn't important. ox.el is a framework to export
any part of an Org buffer (including non-contiguous parts like headlines
only) to another format that can be, at least during an intermediary
step, written as a string.

In a export back-end, you basically specify an export action for each
type of syntax. If nothing is provided, that the syntax will be ignored.
In this case, the taskjuggler back-end would only provide a function for
headlines.

> It doesn't use any of the common (old) exporting
> infrastructure.

To be honest, I only gave it a cursory look, but it requires "org-exp"
and uses a few functions from from it, like, e.g.
`org-default-export-plist', `org-infile-export-plist',
`org-install-letbind'.

Some work needs to be done at this level.

> So woudn't a "ported" org-taskjuggler.el look exactly
> like to one that we have today?

Externally, it would, hopefully. Internally, some changes are required.
I also think it would much benefit from it, but I'm biased, obviously.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou