[O] Archiving workflow suggestion?

From: Vincent Beffara
Subject: [O] Archiving workflow suggestion?
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:25:43 +0100

Dear list,

I am using org-mode to track various tasks, organized chronologically, like
this:

* 2013
** January
*** Task 1
*** Task 2
** February
*** Task 3

Once a task is completed I want to archive it, but I find it convenient to keep
it within the same file for further reference. Optimally, using the archive
sibling feature to save display space. So far so good, everything if fine. Once
all tasks in a month are completed, I want to archive the month itself (so that
the CONTENTS view is as clean as possible).

But using the default methods builds an archive-within-an-archive situation. I
realize it's not exactly a big deal (and the correct default behavior), but I
would like to "unarchive" the children of a newly archived month automatically
to make later traversal easier.

Any suggestion how to do that? Or hints at a better workflow to achieve the
same thing?

Thanks,

/v

--