Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:12:53 +0100

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 01:32:22PM +0100, Rasmus wrote:

> I don't know how hard it would be to make the "default" block (of
> level 3, say) a list block, but I guess that's ultimately what you
> want?  Such a behavior shouldn't be the default, IMO, since a headline
> is not a list.

Nested headlines being translated to lists was always a misfeature in
the old exporter.  This was extensibly discussed on the list before
Nicolas implemented the current beamer exporter.  I do not see any
reason to not "fix" old inconsistent behaviour for the sake of backwards
compatibility.

That said, I think the best way to deal with this is to follow what
Nicolas suggested, mark the subtree and then do `C-c -' to convert these
headlines into lists.  This can be automated to a significant degree by
using keyboard macros or custom lisp.  A well tested keyboard macro can
be easily saved and used as a command.  Since the OP says his old beamer
presentations number in the hundreds, the way I would approach this is
to keep the macro/function handy and convert it if and when these
presentations are required.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu