Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:41:27 +1030

[...]

> Let's start slowly. I think you can get how to make the changes yourself
> with a couple of examples. Since you seem to like lists (you know that
> Till Tantau frowns upon the use of third level lists in presentations,
> don't you?), the first rule to know is:

[...]

Nicolas,

this email has been quite helpful.  I now see where you have gone with
beamer and overall I like your approach.  However, I *still* cannot get
this to work.

Taking your updated version of the example document, I cannot get the
exporter to generate a latex file that will compile because it is
missing a documentclass directive.  Is there something else that needs
to be configured to support beamer, as in maybe org-e-latex-classes?
The default has no mention of beamer and although the documentation
within org-e-beamer.el does allude to org-e-latex-classes, it doesn't
say whether that variable needs to be adapted/updated/changed.

Having looked at the code, I think I do need to add a "beamer" entry to
that variable.  Can you please suggest a default that would work?  And
maybe update the documentation or at least output an error message if
the latex class desired is not actually found in org-e-beamer-template?
That function would appear to do nothing if an appropriate entry is not
found and hence explains why I get an exported file with no
documentclass line!

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-897-g787a07