Re: [O] [ANN] Merge of new export framework on Wednesday

From: Detlef Steuer
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Merge of new export framework on Wednesday
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 10:17:48 +0100

Hi Nicolas!

Great news and I'm really looking forward using the new exporter, but:

>   3. Export section from Org manual is now obsolete.  It is being
>      rewritten, but until this task is completed, your best source of
>      information will still be the ML or the source files.

I rely on orgmode for my homepage at work. If that stops just working
without helping documentation that's "no good", at least for me ...

Is there already a draft of docs available?

One point to pull me over from vim to emacs was the fantastic documentation of
orgmode. Now I'm sitting here a bit fearful of losing the great tool
for an undetermined period of time.

If there are no docs at all I, as a simple user, would suggest to
postpone the release till after some usage notes are available.

Alternatively keep the old exporter alive , please, till the new one
has documentation. (or the migration path has documentation)

Anyway thanks for all your work!

Just 2c
Detlef