Re: [O] Dropbox integration suddenly stopped working with Mobile-Org

From: Adrian Tritschler
Subject: Re: [O] Dropbox integration suddenly stopped working with Mobile-Org
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 21:19:50 +1100

>>>>> "Benjamin" == Benjamin Alexander <address@hidden> writes:

Benjamin> Hello all!  I've been a happy (!) user of Mobile-Org for some
Benjamin> time now, on the iPhone, and a few months ago I switched to
Benjamin> Dropbox integration.  Things have gone fine until today when I
Benjamin> synced for the first time in a week or so.  The Dropbox
Benjamin> password that was saved, and had worked fine (and still works
Benjamin> from the web interface) simply gives an error message from
Benjamin> within the "Settings" page of Mobile-Org.

Benjamin> Dropbox Error Bad username and password or network error.

The same thing has just happened to me.  I've been using org-mode for
years, org-mobile on my iPhone for a couple of years (I suspect) and on
an Android tablet for about a year.  I went away on holiday a week ago
and had no net access, when I came back I tried to synch. the iPhone app
and I get the same error.

Dropbox integration from other iPhone apps still works fine, as does
browsing via safari.

Benjamin> The strange thing is, the Dropbox app works fine.  So it isn't
Benjamin> a network problem (at least, not a simple case of being
Benjamin> offline). And I've tried retyping the password, with and
Benjamin> without a terminating <return> as the known issue from the
Benjamin> Mobile-Org web page suggests.  The files are still on Dropbox
Benjamin> and I can still push and pull (though there is nothing new to
Benjamin> pull) from within emacs.

Benjamin> I'm really stumped.  I don't even know where to look on the
Benjamin> iPhone for log messages.  I've even tried using my old phone
Benjamin> (which was configured to use my now discontinued webdav
Benjamin> server) using dropbox and I get the same error.

Benjamin> My current phone is running iOS 6.0.1 (10A523). I have not
Benjamin> installed the new iOS update yet.  I am considering doing that
Benjamin> to see if it helps, but I know I can't roll it back.

Happens on my phone running iOS 6.0.1 and 6.1 (updated some time this
afternoon)

Benjamin> I've also considered deleting mobile-org and reinstalling, but
Benjamin> I'm worried that mobile-org isn't in the App store anymore so
Benjamin> I may lose all functionality!

Benjamin> Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would really appreciate
Benjamin> it.

Benjamin> Best Wishes, Ben

          Adrian
--
Adrian Tritschler                          mailto:address@hidden
Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E, Altitude 50m,      Shoe size 44