Re: [O] Seeking advice for conditional code

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Seeking advice for conditional code
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:55:38 -0500

I think I have done something like this with tags and custom export
lisp code.

Something like:

(let ((org-export-exclude-tags '("supplementary" "noexport")))
     (org-export-as-latex 5))

That allows me to export all sections not tagged by those values. This
would require all your code blocks be in tagged sections, e.g. tagged by
"internal", "external", etc...

for a particular org file I make an init.el file with different export
functions in it. Alternatively, I have put emacs-lisp code blocks in the
org file so it is self contained.

I am curious what other people do. My typical uses for selective export
are to selectively export a manuscript from an org file, or to
separately export a homework and the solution from one file.
--
John Kitchin